Expanded Duties Dental AssistantFamily Health Centers
Family Health Centers (FHC) is a dynamic, nonprofit medical and dental provider, serving anyone regardless of the ability to pay. Serving nearly 40,000 patients annually, across seven sites, FHC is one of the largest primary care providers in Kentucky.
Family Health Centers operates three, Phase 1 dental clinics, each complete with electronic dental records and digital radiography. Family Health Centers serves a diverse, multilingual population of all ages, including a clinic dedicated to serving the area’s homeless population.
To qualify for this position the applicant must:
- High school diploma or its equivalent. AND
- Six months of verified expanded duties experience -OR- completion of an Expanded Duties Dental Assisting Training Program.
Examples of duties include:
- Places temporary and permanent restorations in teeth and shapes to proper contour.
- Prepares patients for treatments and obtains dental records.
- Assists the dentist at chair side.
- Removes sutures and places rubber dams as directed by dentist.
- Takes, develops, and mounts x-rays.
- Records patient’s personal information and medical history and records dental treatment and charges.
- Changes x-ray solutions and sterilization solutions.
- Sterilizes instruments by appropriate techniques.
- Performs routine maintenance on dental equipment.
- Participates, as necessary, in the Chronic Care Collaborative meetings, seminars and initiatives.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Group Term Life
- Supplemental Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Kentucky Retirement Systems
- 457 Deferred Comp
- Tuition Assistance