Medical AssistantFamily Health Centers
FHC is currently hiring for Medical Assistant positions. A successful candidate will experience a fast paced work day, a varied clientele and a supportive team environment. Medical Assistants under general supervision performs clerical and patient care work. They are responsible for assisting providers by performing administrative, clinical and basic lab assignments.
Job Type: Full-Time & PRN positions open
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Handles patient inquiries, schedules appointments, answers telephone and communicates with providers.
- Receives, registers and directs patients to proper areas for examinations.
- Prepares medical charts for new patients, records medical history, assesses and documents chief complaints and checks and records vital signs, height and weight.
- Assists providers with examination and procedures.
- Performs various clinical tests and administers immunizations and injections.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient’s chart.
- Obtains specimens, performs and documents basic lab tests, and prepares specimens for transport to appropriate lab.
- Provides appropriate patient care based on age appropriate growth and development principles.
- Assists in patients’ needs as requested.
- Cleans and wraps instruments for sterilization.
- Cleans, stocks and orders supplies for exam rooms.
- Travels between satellite clinics.
- Adheres to standard precautions.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted as determined applicable by Civil Service.
- Must obtain CPR certification by the end of the probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment with FHC.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
- Must work varied work schedule.
- Must be vaccinated for Hepatitis B, have provided evidence of immunization, or have signed a declination form within 10 days of initial assignment.
- Group Term Life
- Supplemental Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Kentucky Retirement Systems
- 457 Deferred Comp
- Tuition Assistance