Medical AssistantFamily Health Centers
Family Health Centers is currently accepting applications for the position Medical Assistant I. Click here to apply.
Help Families by Joining Ours
The Family Health Centers opened its doors in 1976 dedicated to providing excellent primary and preventive health care to all, regardless of ability to pay. We serve the working poor, the uninsured, those experiencing homelessness, refugees and immigrants, and anyone seeking affordable, high quality health care. Today, Family Health Centers is a leading community health center in the nation, serving more than 40,000 patients annually.
We are dedicated to a common goal – providing the highest quality care to our patients.
FHC is currently hiring for Medical Assistant positions. A successful candidate will experience a fast paced work day, a varied clientele and a supportive team environment. Medical Assistants under general supervision performs clerical and patient care work. They are responsible for assisting providers by performing administrative, clinical and basic lab assignments.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Handles patient inquiries, schedules appointments, answers telephone and communicates with providers.
- Receives, registers and directs patients to proper areas for examinations.
- Prepares medical charts for new patients, records medical history, assesses and documents chief complaints and checks and records vital signs, height and weight.
- Assists providers with examination and procedures.
- Performs various clinical tests and administers immunizations and injections.
- Makes appropriate entries on patient's chart.
- Obtains specimens, performs and documents basic lab tests, and prepares specimens for transport to appropriate lab.
- Provides appropriate patient care based on age appropriate growth and development principles.
- Assists in patients' needs as requested.
- Cleans and wraps instruments for sterilization.
- Cleans, stocks and orders supplies for exam rooms.
- Travels between satellite clinics.
- Adheres to standard precautions.
- High school graduation or its equivalent.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted as determined applicable by Civil Service.