Medical Office SpecialistFamily Health Centers
At Family Health Centers, we work hard because our patients deserve the best. FHC is currently seeking go-getters with a positive attitudes for the position of Medical Office Specialist I. The Medical Office Specialist I is responsible for receiving, admitting, and registering patients for health care services at Family Health Centers (FHC).
POSITION: Full-Time (Temporary to Permanent)
LOCATION: Family Health Centers, Inc.
Examples of duties include:
• Schedules patient appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS).
• Verifies and records patient demographics.
• Determines sliding fee discounts.
• Identifies, verifies, and enters into the PMS patient health and dental insurance plans, where applicable.
• Retrieves eligibility documents from third party websites.
• Collects and processes cash, check, and credit card payments.
• Prepares daily cash report and balances cash drawer at the end of each shift.
• Manages appointments for multiple providers and rooms at multiple locations.
• Processes requests for referrals.
• High school graduation or its equivalent.
• One year of clinical/clerical experience in a health care setting OR Certification from a Medical Office Specialist, Medical Secretary, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, or other medical clerical program.
• OR an equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted, as determined applicable by Civil Service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Responds to patient and FHC needs via telephone, internet, fax, computer software, and in person.
• Lifts and carries materials weighing up to 15 lbs.
• Spends extended periods of time sitting, standing, and walking.
• Spends extended periods of time typing and reading computer screens.
• Identifies medical record documentation, requests, and/or releases.
• Must be available to work extended hours as necessary.
• Must provide own transportation to work at other FHC locations as needed.