Construction Loan Admin Specialist II
POSITION MAIN PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Construction Loan Administrative Specialist II is responsible for monitoring the disbursement process for mid to high end residential construction projects and complex commercial construction loans. The Construction Loan Administrative Specialist II will manage the collection, review and tracking of subcontractor and supplier lien waivers on projects with a cost basis of $1MM or greater.
THIS ROLE IS ABLE TO WORK FROM LOUISVILLE OR LEXINGTON.
• High School diploma or equivalent required; College degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Accounting preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years’ previous Banking experience required.
• Previous construction Administrative experience required, which includes residential and commercial projects.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor commercial and development loan draw disbursement processes on high valued, complex construction projects.
• Responsible for managing the collection, review and tracking of subcontractor and supplier lien waivers on projects with a cost basis of $1MM or greater.
• Monitor residential loan draw disbursement processes on mid to high end construction projects.
• Order construction inspections for all types of loans and calculate draw amounts based on appraiser’s percent complete.
• Review detailed construction cost sheet values for completeness and reasonableness based on the intended/proposed project.
• Build and maintain relationships with owners, builders, contractors, engineers, architects and appraisers to ensure project is being completed as intended and within the scope of the construction budget.
• Review plans, specs, and budgets to ensure completeness and reasonableness.
• Build and maintain open constructive lines of communications with loan officers to discuss issues identified during processing and during the draw process.
• Responsible for obtaining completed certificates and title updates.
• Resolve mechanic lien or other title related issues as they arise.
• Prepare customized residential inspection forms on construction loans made for the purpose of renovation and/or a new addition.
• Setup draw files for new residential and commercial construction loans.
• Review construction loan documents prior to loan closigs and make recommendations for changes as needed.
• Verify references on all new builder profiles and submit for approval to be added to RB&T’s Builder Approval List.
• Quote payoffs on development loans and prepare partial deed of releases.
• Facilitate the process of taking a construction loan to the permanent phase.
• Responsible for signing Officer checks when needed for construction draw and other vendor disbursements.
• Assist Manager in the training of new hires in all areas of the department and assist in developing and testing procedures for new processes when necessary.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Good analytical skills.
• Must have good time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities may be necessary at times.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Flexible work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.