Mortgage Loan OriginatorRepublic Bank
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Mortgage Loan Originator performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of residential 1st and 2nd mortgages for outside referrals. Meets standards, objectives and goals set forth by management for originating loans and cross-selling products and services of the bank. Assume overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Demonstrated high level working knowledge of residential conventional/government mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing guidelines.
• Mortgage sales experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
• NMLS registration required*
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professionals and personal contacts) for 1st and 2nd mortgage loans.
• Participate in industry associations, networking groups and Republic Bank sponsored events to promote Republic Bank mortgage lending services.
• Maintain all prospect, client and referral partner information in Republic Bank’s CRM (customer relationship management) software.
• Interview clients and gather information pertaining to their unique financial situations, needs and objectives.
• Consult with clients about current and future needs to help achieve their financial goals
• Advise and educate clients on the home buying process, financing options and how to better manage their mortgage.
• Assist clients through the loan process from application to closing.
• Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines. Collect appropriate documentation from applicants in time frames established by management.
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service and communicate with both applicants and internal support staff with timely updates and progress reports.
• Manage a pipeline for all originated loans to the closing.
• Execute effective marketing plans to meet or exceed mortgage production goals.
• Attend and participate in all mortgage lender meetings and training as required by management.
• Willingly performs all other projects and duties as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
• Strong sales technique skills.
• Desire to excel in a competitive environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Occasional out-of-town travel is required.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and overtime work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.